Groupe Recomatic is a leading manufacturer of machines for complex surface finishing. Its customer base includes companies involved in watchmaking, medical technology, aerospace engineering, luxury goods, and other high-tech industries.
What did Groupe Recomatic want to achieve with the new machine concept?
- A systemic concept for the installation of plug-and-play components
- Flexible incorporation of fieldbus peripherals and external handling devices
- Reduced installation efforts, saving valuable space and money during control cabinet construction
- Advancing mechatronic engineering within the company
Groupe Recomatic on the new machine concept and working with Murrelektronik:
- The expert advice given showed us how we could easily switch from single-core wiring to a modular, decentralized installation system.
- Installation and activation benefited from the use of premolded and fully tested connectors, reducing the work involved as well as potential errors.
- The flexible network architecture gives us complete planning freedom and expansion options that cater to future requirements, like the introduction of safety technology, IO-Link, and IoT.
- Innovative technologies, like wireless data transmission, can be easily achieved.